The Sasol League is South Africa’s premier women’s football league established in 2009 to develop women’s football in South Africa.
The League was established to provide a structured platform on which female soccer players can showcase their skills to an audience of national coaches and talent scouts. Sasol, together with the South African Football Association (SAFA), introduced this development platform to breach age groups as well as to identify players for the South African national women’s football teams (u/17, u/20 and the senior team) nationally.
The league comprises 144 teams in all nine provinces. It currently has more than 2 800 female football players who now have the opportunity to participate in regular competitive football throughout the year.
Each year, the Sasol League culminates in the Sasol League National Championship where the top nine teams (each a provincial winner) compete for the honours of being crowned the Sasol League National Champion.
WINNERS OF SASOL LEAGUE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
- 2018: TUT-PTA (Gauteng)
- 2017: Bloemfontein Celtic (Free State)
- 2016: Bloemfontein Celtic (Free State)
- 2015: Mamelodi Sundowns (Gauteng)
- 2014: Cape Town Roses (Western Cape)
- 2013: Mamelodi Sundowns (Gauteng)
- 2012: Palace Super Falcons (Gauteng)
- 2011: Palace Super Falcons (Gauteng)
- 2010: Palace Super Falcons (Gauteng)
- 2009: Detroit Ladies (Mpumalanga)
For more information regarding the league visit http://www.sasolinsport.co.za/sasol-league/about-sasol-league